Although sushi is now known as a culinary art that features delicious flavor and colorful form, this Japanese cuisine actually evolved from very humble beginnings. Today, sushi is one of the most popular food items in the world. To learn more about the history and culture of sushi, check out these great resources from around the web:
- This article from Gourmet.com discusses the colorful history of the California roll.
- Visit SushiFAQ.com for an easy-to-use sushi terminology and pronunciation guide.
- If you’re new to sushi, be sure to check out this article to learn how to eat sushi.
- Esquire.com offers this helpful and entertaining introduction to sake.
- Beer, not sake, is actually the most popular beverage in Japan. To learn about the history of Japanese beer, visit SeriousEats.com.
To make a reservation at Kyoto Palace, call (408) 377-6456.